19990827: McIDAS - RedHat 5.2

>From: Michael Keables <address@hidden>

Mike,

>I found Red Hat Linux 5.2i386 at
>http://redhat.google.com/redhat?q=RedHat+5.2&start=10&sa=N
>
>Will this version work?

Yes, I believe so.  It would be easier for you, however, if you could find
the 5.2 distribution.  It strikes me that some software house might have
this distribution sitting in the cob webs, and would be willing to sell
it to you for a few dollars.  The reason that I suggest the full distribution
is that it has all of the rpmed packages that you may want/need.

Tom

>From address@hidden  Fri Aug 27 09:00:26 1999

Thanks for the warning re: RedHat 6. Is there a site to download
version 5.2? Our system came with 6.0 installed.

Please advise.

Thanks.