19990728: McIDAS 7.6 docs

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

>I know y'all are busy with the workshops, but quick question.
>If there are any McIDAS 7.6 documentation books left over
>(if you made them) would it be possible for us to get a copy,
>for a fee if needed?

I had a few extra manuals made up for just such an eventuality.  I will
ask Donna to mail you one if you provide the complete US postal address
for the destination.

By the way, the SSEC McIDAS 7.60 documentation is available right now
as PostScript (tm) files in the unix/760/docs directory of our
passworded McIDAS FTP account.  You can grab these files and print out
a manual (without the tabs) in the same way that I did for our
workshop.

>The other two met guys much prefer a
>written manual.

Do you have the facilities for printing PostScript there?  How about
viewing documentation as PDF files?

>All three of us met guys are away on campaigns,
>I am in Iowa, so we could not attend this year.

OK.  We ended up with one spot left in the McIDAS and LDM workshops and
two in the GEMPAK workshop.

>Thanks

Later...

>Robert Mullenax