19990302: Wx Text Commands on mcidas\os2

>From: address@hidden

Alan-

>When choosing the Weather Text group from the main menu in os2-mcidas
>some of the options result in no results.  Looks like only the options
>that produce decoded results are involved.
>
>Example: Choosing F4 (decoded reports for a station) gives following
>         message: SFCLIST: Point Data Server unable to resolve this
>                  dataset.  RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY.
>
>As far as I know, these are the only selections that fail.  We are not
>running XCD.  Unidatas file is on the server.

It shouldn't matter whether you are running XCD or not, just that
the system has access to the MD files for surface data. It sounds like
the ADDE datasets were not defined during the installation process
for 7.40.  Were the DSSERVE.BAT and MYDATA.BAT  and LOCDATA scripts
run per the instructions at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcos2/config.html

These set up the appropriate dataset names and locations for use by
the ADDE commands - in this case SFCLIST.  You can check by running

DSSERVE LIST

to list out which datasets are defined and then:

DATALOC LIST

to list out where the datasets are supposed to be residing.

In the first case, make sure that RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY is defined.  In the
second case, make sure that RTPTSRC is listed as LOCAL-DATA.  Lastly,
make sure you have the REDIRECTions set up correctly for MD files 1-10.

>Also, has anyone had a chance to look at my message of 2/26 ?  If it was
>lost, I can resend.

Yes, we are still trying to figure out if you can use the rest of the
disk.  The problem is drives > 8 GB are not supported right out of the
box.  Mike is looking into what can be done.  If we can't get to the
rest of the disk, we could probably move /usr/local to a larger partition.

I'll get back to you when I find out more from Mike.

Don