[LDM #XQC-361661]: LDM Question

Hi Bob,

> We are running ldm-6.13.13 on a RHEL 8.4 system.
>
> I found the error in the mail message below generated as part of the daily
> cron job that runs "bin/ldmadmin check":
>
> The error is because NTP was deprecated in RHEL 8 in favor of chronyd, so
> the ntpdate command is history. I found a page at Red Hat's site that
> replaces the ntpdate command, with a series of commands which stop the
> Chronyd service, runs the command "chronyd -q", and then restarts the
> Chronyd service. It appears I could use the regutil command to alter the
> value of  parameter pathname "/check-time/ntpdate/command" from
> /usr/sbin/ntpdate to the three commands from RedHat.
>
> I tried to Google ldm and chronyd but didn't get any hits. Is there a
> configuration document that would deal with this? Am I on the right track?

Try this:
    1. Edit the file "~/etc/registry.xml"
    2. Set parameter "/check-time/ntpdate/command" to "chronyd -Q 'pool
pool.ntp.org iburst'"
    3. Edit the file "~/bin/ldmadmin"
    4. Change the sequence "/offset\s+([+-]?\d*\.\d*)/" in function "checkTime"

The quotation marks (") in the above are delimiters only and should, otherwise,
be ignored.

You can test this with the command "ldmadmin checktime"

Let us know if this works (I don't have an RHEL 8 system) and we'll see about
including it in the next release.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: XQC-361661