[LDM #MDC-227212]: LDM Compile Error

Hi,

re:
> See attached metrics file.

I plotted the various performance metrics logged in the metrics.txt file,
and several things do not jibe with information you sent previously.

Aside:

The user that runs the LDM can produce the metrics plots that I am
referring to by running:

ldmadmin plotmetrics

For this to work, 'gnuplot' must be installed on the machine running
the LDM.

Here are two things that your metrics information shows that are
different from information previously sent:

- the 'ldmadmin config' listing you sent earlier showed that your LDM
  was configured to use the default 500 MB queue size

  The 'Amount of Data in Queue' plot shows that there must be a
  2 GB LDM queue.

- the number of connections (upstream and downstream 'ldmd' instances)
  plot shows a total that varies between 5 and 6

  The listing you sent us earlier showed something like 66 connections.

The question that comes to mind is if you have been changing the LDM
setup on your machine?

We are trying to understand what is going on by getting a snapshot of
various things while a) the LDM configuration is not being altered
and b) while things have been running for a bit.

Question(s):

- is there now a long list of 'ldmd' processes running on the
  machine?

  If yes, what are the outputs of 'uldbutil' and 'ps -u ldm'?

- have you made progress in consolidating the REQUEST lines in your
  LDM configuration file?

- have you run into anything that we could help you with?

Ticket ID: MDC-227212
Department: Support LDM