[LDM #GUQ-669331]: Both Radar and Satellite feeds stopped downloading abruptly

John,

> We are still seeing mostly the satellite images fall behind. Today the radar
> images continued to stay up to date.  If it's our firewall throttling, which
> our security folks claim they don't have implemented,

I wish I had a nickle for every time I've heard that. :-)

It could be a department firewall, a school firewall, or a campus firewall. Is
there another LDM on your campus that doesn't have this problem? That might
help indicate where the bottleneck is.

> why would only one of the products fall behind and not both; especially given
> that both products come from the same IP?

Packet shaping (i.e., throttling) deals with thresholds and sometimes the
SATELLITE feed has almost three times the volume of the NEXRAD3 feed.

> Thanks for working through all this with us,

No worries.

Ask your security/network administrators to explain the difference in your
latency plots for NIMAGE and NEXRAD3. The TCP endpoints are identical, the
exact same software is used, yet one gets through while the other doesn't.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: GUQ-669331
Department: Support LDM