[LDM #RTA-128892]: Interpretation of "INFO sending" and "error.c:err_log:236"

Gregg,

> Thanks for the information.
>
> While I was searching the archives last night I noticed a number of INFO
> sending entries in other emails with NO error messages.
>
> So what causes the error message?

It's not an error message. It simply indicates what data-product is about to be
sent.

> I ask because there is some limited bandwidth issues between the upstream
> LDM and downstream LDM within the local LAN (e.g. < 1 Mbps, when the
> network is 1 Gbps, there are some switches and firewalls between the two
> LDM systems).  So the upstream LDM has lots of data being inserted into the
> queue, but the downstream LDM doesn't receive it all.  Thus, I was thinking
> the error in the log file was something to do about a failure in deliverysimpl
> on the system being described, as the systems in the email archives didn't
> always have the error message.

If the connection from the sender to the receiver is sufficiently slow, then
the latency of the data-products will slowly increase until it is greater than
the maximum latency parameter in the LDM registry. At that point, the received
data-products will simply be discarded rather than being inserted into the
product-queue.

The connection can be slow because of insufficient bandwidth or because
something between the sender and receiver is discarding packets (e.g., a
firewall, traffic throttling system, or intrusion prevention system).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: RTA-128892
Department: Support LDM