[LDM #VPO-816759]: LDM won't start through systemd or cron(reboot)

John,

The following steps should do it. If any one of them fails, then stop and tell
me.

  1. Become the LDM user in their home-directory

  2. If the LDM is running, then stop it with the command
       ldmadmin stop

  3. Get and unpack the distribution by executing the following commands
verbatim:
       rm -rf bin include lib runtime share src
       wget ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/ldm/ldm-6.13.6.tar.gz
       gunzip -c ldm-6.13.6.tar.gz | pax -r '-s:/:/src/:'
       cd ldm-6.13.6/src

  4. Verify that the current working directory is the top-level LDM
source-directory with the command
       ls configure.ac || echo Report that this did not work and stop here

  5. Configure the build and install the package by executing the following
commands verbatim:
       ./configure --disable-root-actions >configure.log 2>&1 && echo Configured
       make install >install.log 2>&1 && echo Installed

  6. Finish the installation by performing the actions that require root
privileges with a command like
       sudo make root-actions
     or
       su -c 'make root-actions'

  7. Go the LDM user's home directory
       cd

  8. Verify that all's well by sending me the output of the command
       ls -l

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: VPO-816759