[LDM #EIE-998144]: LDM 6.12.6: is this expected behavior?

Gilbert,

No. That's not the expected behavior at all. The attempt by the ldmadmin(1)
script to create a new queue of larger size should have failed and resulted in
the error message "vetQueueSize(): Couldn't create new queue: $newQueuePath"
(the pathname of the new queue would be the same as the old queue with a ".new"
suffix).

Did you get that error-message?

After that failure, you should periodically get the same error-message.

> Hello Steve,
>
> A troublemaker opening trouble tickets. Did you expect anything less?
> Anyway, happy Friday. I have a question for you...
>
> Recently, the College of DuPage upgraded their LDM to 6.12.6, and switched
> to the new NOAAport feed on their satellite ingest machine. On that
> ingest machine, they put their ldm.pq in /run/shm, or shared memory.
>
> Lasst week, ldm.pq reached 6.5 GB...which was how big their shared
> memory was. The LDM was instructed to increase queue size to maintain an
> hours worth of data, and it finally hit the machine memory size limit last
> week.
>
> So this happened: suddenly, only small files started coming through when
> /dev/shm hit 100%, and only IDS|DDPLUS stuff.
>
> To its credit, the LDM didn't crash. But, it did pretty much stop the
> flow of data, minus a few small IDS|DDPLUS products. Once the ldm.pq file
> was deleted and remade to hard disk, all was well.
>
> So, just a curiosity question: expected behavior? I would more or less
> think so, but I'm just curious.
>
> Gilbert

> Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **