[LDM #PFK-426667]: Load average goes above 10 on weather3.admin.niu.edu running LDM

Hi Gilbert,

re: I just logged onto weather3 to see what I could see...

> Thanks, Tom, I appreciate it!

No worries.

Well, it certainly looks like disk I/O is the problem on weather3.
Run 'iostat' to see how bad things are:

% iostat 5

Keep an eye on the line that begins 'avg-cpu'.  In particular, watch
the %iowait value for a few minutes... it never seems to decrease below
30% and can range as high as 81%.  I think that this is the root of
your problem.

Ticket ID: PFK-426667