[LDM #CIB-153307]: ldm.pq

Wen,

> I did what you instructed. I set time_check = 0. then started LDM. The ldm
> started. The messages are copied below. There is nothing in the file
> /home/ldm/logs/ldmd.log. Note that in our system, we don't have file
> /etc/syslog.conf, instead, we have a file /etc/syslog-ng.conf. Thanks,

In order to diagnose the problem, logging for the LDM must be enabled.  I'm
afraid, therefore, that you'll have to install the syslogd(8) package.  Go to
<http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=syslogd&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.2&lang=en&exclude_filter=home%3A&exclude_debug=true>
 and select the package to install.  You will need root privileges.

> Wen
>

> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> /home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf: syntactically correct
> /home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf: syntactically correct
> /home/ldm/etc/pqact.gempak_decoders: syntactically correct
> syslogd: no process killed
> hupsyslog: system("/etc/killall -HUP syslogd") returns 256
> (E.G. It didn't work. Check that this program is setuid)
> Checking LDM configuration-file (/home/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf)...
> Starting the LDM server...

Ticket ID: CIB-153307