[LDM #SYQ-240581]: log file question

Michael,

> I've found references to this kind of problem in my ldmd.log file.  What is
> done to correct this kind of problem?
>
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Michael Johnson
> address@hidden
>

> Data-product with signature sig wasn't found in product-queue
>
> The
> <https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/glindex.html#u
> pstream LDM 6> upstream LDM 6 was unable to find the
> <https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/glindex.html#d
> ata-product> data-product whose signature was encoded in the
> <https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/glindex.html#c
> riteria> data-product selection-criteria in the request-for-data from the
> <https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/glindex.html#d
> ownstream LDM 6> downstream LDM 6. The upstream LDM will use the rest of the
> selection-criteria to determine which data-products to send.

The downstream LDM connected to the upstream LDM and asked the
upstream LDM to start sending data-products that arrived just
after the data-product with the given signature (an MD5 hashcode).
Unfortunately, that particular data-product was no longer in the
product-queue of the upstream LDM (because it had been removed in
order to make room for newer data-products).  The upstream LDM then
used the remainder of the selection criteria from the downstream
LDM to determine what data-products to send (typically, the
downstream LDM will request that the upstream LDM start sending
data-products from one hour ago).

This is a feature and not a bug.

Ticket ID: SYQ-240581