[LDM #ORI-704946]: setpgid not working under linux in pipe_open

Harry,

> I see no immediate problem.  I can test it if you want.

You're a brave man.  Try this distribution:

<ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/ldm/beta/ldm-6.7.0.2.tar.gz>

I'm particularly interested in whether it stops OK and whether
it has any effect on the performance of dcgrib2(1).

Ticket ID: ORI-704946