[IDD #RDQ-217349]: IDD/LDM startup problem, no data, no log

Mike,

> I see. Will local0 work just as well?

If you use "local0", then the LDM log file will probably also contain
messages from TCP -- which is probably not what you want.

> I think I picked local1 at some point because  local0 was already
> in use for other things and I wasn't sure if it was wise to use it
> for LDM as well.

In general, it's not a good idea to mix log messages from different
facilities.

> If I local0 works just as well, I will change my config files.

Because your "/etc/syslog.conf" file already contains entries for
the "local0" facility, I recommend that you use the "local1" facility
for the LDM and follow the instructions in my previous email.

Ticket ID: RDQ-217349