[LDM #OVK-233439]: Now that I've worked with LDM 6.7.0.1 for a week...

Gilbert,

> Just wanted to tell you what I have found so far.
>
> No major problems...two of my machines are now on Fedora 8. Only one
> minorly annoying problem remains with 6.7.0.1. Even though I do:
>
> echo "STOPPING LDM"
> /bin/su -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin stop" ldm
> echo "CLEANING LDM pids"
> /bin/su -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin clean" ldm
> echo "DELETING QUEUE"
> /bin/su -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin delqueue" ldm
> echo "DELETING SURFACE QUEUE"
> /bin/su -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin delsurfqueue" ldm
> echo "MAKING QUEUE"
> /bin/su -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin mkqueue" ldm
> /bin/sleep 2
> echo "MAKING SURFACE QUEUE"
> /bin/su -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin mksurfqueue" ldm
> /bin/sleep 2
> echo "CLEANING LDM pids again"
> /bin/su -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin clean" ldm
> echo "ROTATING LOGS"
> /bin/su -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin newlog" ldm
> echo "STARTING LDM"
> /bin/su -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin start" ldm
> echo "DONE"
>
> When I try to stop the ldm as user ldm after the initial reboot, it says
> it can't stop it; instead, I have to use root. It's as if the files are
> still owned by root, but I have checked the log files and they're still
> owned by LDM. Once I stop it as root, remake the queues as LDM, and
> restart as LDM, it will stop just fine. And this glitch in no way
> affects the performance of the LDM, as far as I can tell.

This sounds odd and I'm not exactly sure what you're saying.

There is a difference between the commands

    sudo -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin stop" ldm

and

    sudo - -c "/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin stop" ldm

The first one executes in the environment of the superuser
while the second one executes in the environment of the
LDM user.  Could this be the cause of your problem?

Otherwise, could you please give me a short sequence of
steps to duplicate your problem.

> Otherwise, +1 here. Heading to Iowa for the NWA radar conference
> tomorrow, so responses will be limited starting tomorrow if you have
> questions.

Ticket ID: OVK-233439