[LDM #OIP-403713]: LDM in linux

Hi Pat,

re:
> Thanks.  Very suspcious, though, in that my ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log is empty.
> Wintess:
>
> -rw-rw-r--   1 ldm          2355 Jul 11 11:00 2006071115.stats
> -rw-rw-r--   1 ldm          2355 Jul 11 10:00 2006071114.stats
> -rw-rw-r--   1 ldm             0 Nov  4  2004 ldmd.log
> I am LDM =>
>
> Hmmm...  Perhaps I screwed up somewhere up the pike a ways?  I need to come
> out for
> some seriously updated LDM training!

Three things come to mind re: no logging:

- you didn't configure the settings for LDM logging in /etc/syslog.conf

- your Linux system has SELINUX in force:

  Check the contents of /etc/selinux/config.  If there is an entry that
  looks like:

  SELINUX=enforcing

  change it to read:

  SELINUX=disabled

  and then reboot.

- your flavor of Linux uses syslog-ng instead of syslogd

Ticket ID: OIP-403713