[LDM #AET-991057]: LDM 6.4.4: upstream connection closed for unknown reason

Robert,

> Whatever this issue is, ut appears to be pretty much rendering our Global
> HIRES GFS useless.  For example, even though I received every forecast time
> in the 12Z run that I requested, many of the variables are missing.  For
> example, I only have 10m wind direction on about 1/4 of the forecast times.
>
> At my previous job we started seeing issues like this (we had a feed of
> CONDUIT data through an arrangement with IRADS) after the network folks
> switched to a new firewall.  After a week or so of having them look at it, we
> eventually just gave up and put a machine outside of the firewall just to
> receive the CONDUIT GFS.

If the problem was identical, then this is very good evidence that the problem
lies outside the LDM and with the network (e.g., firewalls).

> I hate to do that.  What we have is a Cisco PIX 506E.  Do your network folks
> know of any weird issues with this firewall?

I'll pass this inquiry to our network people.

Ticket ID: AET-991057
Department: Support LDM