20050420: LDM scour issue and computer lock-up

Gabe,

>Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:58:54 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Gabe Langbauer <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20050420: LDM scour issue and computer lock-up

> The latest script runs, but still "coudn't discover the meainng of -mtime
> argument"

Try the following script:

    dayOffsetName=scour_test
    touch /tmp/$dayOffsetName
    sleep 2
    cd /tmp
    if find . \! -name . -prune -mtime 0 -name $dayOffsetName | grep
$dayOffsetName >/dev/null; then
        echo DAY_OFFSET=1
    elif find . \! -name . -prune -mtime 1 -name $dayOffsetName | grep
$dayOffsetName >/dev/null; then
        echo DAY_OFFSET=0
    else
        echo "Couldn't discover meaning of '-mtime' argument of find(1)"
        exit 1
    fi

I mistakenly omitted the touch(1) and sleep(1) commands in the above.
(this doesn't explain the grep(1) error-message you got, however.)