Re: LDM 6.2.1 possible memory issue?

Steven,

>Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:39:29 -0600
>From: "Steven Danz" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: LDM 6.2.1 possible memory issue?

> I restarted one of the 6.2.1 servers, and it took less than 2 hours
> for the child rpc.ldmd processes to grow to 796Meg+

I'm not seeing any such memory leak in my LDM 6.2.1 system here.

Would you mind running the attached statistics-collecting script via a
crontab(1) entry every minute on the host on which the LDM grew quickly,
e.g.,

    * * * * * ./ps_stats_local >>hostname.ps_stats

Then, restart the LDM 6.2.1 on that host and send me the output file
near the end of the day.

ps -ef -o pid,vsz,pcpu,comm |
awk '
    /rpc.ldmd/ || /rtstats/ {
        print "'`date -u +%Y%m%d.%H%M%S`'",$1,$2,$4,$3
    }'