20041119: FreeBSD 5.3 and ldm?

Mark,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Mark Tucker <address@hidden>
> Subject: FreeBSD 5.3 and ldm?

> I'm looking at possibly upgrading out LDM to FreeBSD 5.3 (with mcidas &
> gempak, etc).  Are there any known issues with this current stable
> release?  Most of the documentation on the web site refers to freebsd 4.x.

I don't have access to a FreeBSD 5.3 system and I haven't heard from
anyone who does and who has also had a problem with the LDM -- so I
can't say if there are any issues or not.

I would suggest that you not terminate the LDM running on the FreeBSD
4.x system before trying it on the FreeBSD 5.3 system.

If you try the LDM on FreeBSD 5.3, then please let me know how it
goes.

> Thanks.
>

> --
> Mark Tucker