20040918: Possible pqact issue in LDM?

Steven,

>Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 14:43:52 -0500
>From: "Steven Danz" <address@hidden>
>To: Steven Danz <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040917: Possible pqact issue in LDM?

> This morning I restarted pqact with the -v so I could see a log of all
> the products it was receiving.  Then, when I got the notice from the
> monitoring software that a product wasn't reported, I jumped on,
> saved the queue and the pqact.log and looked around some more.
>
> Something is really off.... of course the missing product does not
> show up in the pqact log.  But when I compare the products from
> the pqcat listing of the queue around that time, pqact is missing seeing
> about 45 other products.  So it seems to be more than just a timestamp
> issue, its like pqact is just skipping chunks of the products in the queue.

Be careful interpreting the log messages from pqact(1) and pqcat(1).
The product-queue is sorted by data-product insertion-time, but the
times printed by pqcat(1) and pqact(1) are the data-product
creation-time.  It's possible for a data-product to have an
insertion-time that is minutes off from it's creation-time (usually the
insertion-time is later, but clocks can be off).

More Monday.