RE: 20030403:pqact.conf GOES-12

Nancy,

First, it would be wise for you to join the gembud maillist as this was
brought up today and answered on the list.

To join go to:

Also, as discussed on the list, there is a newer version 5.6.j that
handles this issue seamlessly and was released about a month ago..

Here is the solution..I suspect this is the problem as your pqact.conf
looked AOK..

<snip>

The current distribution (5.6.J) contains entries in
$GEMTBL/sat/imgtyp.tbl for GOES 11 and GOES 12. If you don't have them,
then here they are for you to add to your file:

GOES11               VIS          30    220     76      1      1 GRAY
GOES11               IR2           0    255     76      2      1 GRAY
GOES11               IR3           0    255     76      4      1 watvap.tbl
GOES11               IR4           0    255     76      8      1 GRAY
GOES11               IR5           0    255     76     16      1 GRAY
GOES12               VIS          30    220     78      1      1 GRAY
GOES12               IR2           0    255     78      2      1 GRAY
GOES12               IR3           0    255     78      4      1 watvap.tbl
GOES12               IR4           0    255     78      8      1 GRAY

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Patrick O'Reilly wrote:

> I know I probably missed an email regarding GOES-12 and gempak, but here
> goes anyway.  When I run my script to create an image using gpmap, I
get:

> [IM 1]  No image type entry for file
> /usr/local/ldm/data/gempak/images/sat/GOES-12/4km/VIS/VIS_20030401_1915
>
> This is probably fixed by an edit to a table somewhere?  Or will an
upgrade
> to the 5.6.j version fix this?  Thanks!
<snip>

Thanks and good luck, please let me know if this does not solve your
problem...or even if it does :)

Cheers,

-Jeff
COMET Case Study Library                      FX:303-497-8690