20030324: LDM 6.0.2 installed as SFSU

>From: Dave Dempsey <address@hidden>

Hi Dave,

>Since Unidata seems to want to know, I can say that San Francisco State
>is now running LDM 6.0.2, so far successfully, on both norte.sfsu.edu
>and enso.sfsu.edu.

The way we _really_ know that a site has upgraded to LDM-6 is by
them retruning real time statistics to us.  This is done by adding
the following line to the top portion of your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
file and then stopping and restarting your LDM:

exec    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

Put this line a the end of the list of 'exec' invocations at the
top of the file.

Also, we are most interested in the primary IDD node at a site
returning the real time statistics.  If one of your machines gets
the IDD data from an upstream site and then feeds the other,
we want it to report the real time statistics, not the other.

If both receive data from non-SFSU IDD sites, then we would like
you to tailor your rtstats execution line in each machine's ldmd.conf.
For instance, if norte gets IDS|DDPLUS and HRS and enso gets UNIWISC
and FNEXRAD, then the ldmd.conf entries for each would look like:

norte:

exec    "rtstats -f IDS|DDPLUS|HRS -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

enso:

exec    "rtstats -f UNIWISC|FNEXRAD -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

Thanks in advance for adding the rtstats entries to your IDD machine(s).