Re[2]: 20020213: [Fwd: 20020207: missing products]

Hi Harry

I snipped out relevant portions of the logs that had all the debugging
info going.  You can see to events in ~/logs/disconnectEvent1 and
disconnectEvent2.  They were interesting, but inconclusive, although I
haven't been able to spend as much time looking at them as I would
like.  Both had entries showing that a write lock had been obtained on a
large region for the upcoming MCIDAS product.  In one the lock appeared
to be unreleased, but I can't confirm that because the file didn't
contain enough lines (recall that I split the file in 10000 lines).   In
the other file the lock was released.

But on a different track:  Due to a discussion with Tom and Mike, we
made a change on air at about 1:15 local time.  We added entries to
/etc/hosts for all the sites that were connected to air.  Then we
changed the 'hosts' line in /etc/nsswitch.conf to try 'files' first.  We
did this because we were suspicious of the NIS service.  We're now
waiting to see if the disconnect problem reoccurs.

I'm gone for the day.  We're "saying goodbye" to Dave Fulker this
afternoon.  Hasta manana.

Anne

>From address@hidden Tue Mar 12 15:25:03 2002
>Subject: Re[3]: 20020213: [Fwd: 20020207: missing products]

You missed the aliases for motherlode for the conduit feed (nmc2*).  I added
them in.