20011203: stripping directory names in pqact.conf?

>From: "Molenar, Deb" <address@hidden>

Hi Deb,

>Hi.  I can't find any direct references to this in the manual or on the
>web page, so I was hoping you could tell me if it's possible, & if so,
>the syntax.

OK, most things are possible.

>We are trying to ingest Kevin Schrab's goeswind products.
>They come over as feedtype MCIDAS,

Hmm...  From what machine can you get these products via LDM feeds?

>but have an absolute pathname
>"/usr1/mcidas/data/goeswind".  The pqact.conf ingest line is as follows:
>
>MCIDAS .*(..................)(goeswind.*)
>       FILE -overwrite /data/ldm/\2\3

One problem I see right off is you do not have three items in parenthesis
to match the substitution patterns you are using in the FILE action.

The next thing of possible concern is the lack of a tab between the
FILE and -ovewrite.

>but the files won't right because we don't have a /usr1/mcidas/data
>directory.

You can file the products anywhere that the user running the LDM
has write permission.

>If I remove the (...), will that still recognize the
>products on the feed, but not try to write to the absolute path name, or
>is there another way off to strip the absolute path name so that we
>don't have to set up a bunch of kludgey links?

A question comes to mind.  Is the name of the file coming across 'goeswinds'
or is that part of the directory path?  If it is the name, your pqact.conf
entry should look like:

MCIDAS  ^.*(goeswind)
        FILE    -overwrite      /data/ldm/\1

>thanks much.