[Support #WGL-271476]: Creating a Bundle in IDV for Exporting Multiple Variables

> Dears,
>
> I am writing to request assistance in creating a bundle within IDV that
> would facilitate the export of multiple variables from a single coordinate
> into a microsoft excel file.
>
> Currently, following the download of GFS threads data, our process involves
> graphing multiple variables for a given coordinate. Subsequently, we are
> compelled to manually export each representation onto separate Excel files.
>
> Regrettably, we are unable to directly utilize a file that encompasses a
> single variable for a whole given area (to then extract the data for each
> required coordinate), this is due to the fact that exporting an area
> currently presents the variables in a pixel resolution, while we need the
> extraction to be from a specific point. One contributing factor to this
> constraint is our current study on a region characterized by complex
> terrain. Utilizing the entire pixel resolution typically introduces
> significant errors, particularly concerning parameters such as pressure and
> temperature, because we think it tends to calculate the average height in a
> whole pixel and with that value calculate the variable for that coordinate.
>
> Could you kindly provide guidance or support on configuring an IDV bundle
> to facilitate the export of multiple variables from either a single
> coordinate or multiple coordinates into an Excel file? Any instructions or
> insights you could offer would be immensely appreciated.
>
> Thank you sincerely for your attention to this matter. I eagerly await your
> response and assistance.
>
> Best regards,
> Fernando Frassetto

Dear Fernando,

I found your application of the IDV quite intriguing, especially how it
complements my aim to enhance data preprocessing for various applications like
machine learning.

While we're in the midst of developing several functions, they're not ready for
public use just yet. I can make them available to you asap. I'd greatly
appreciate your feedback to fine-tune the function interface.

Regarding GFS data, could you please clarify how multiple variables are
outputted to the Excel file? What's the structure of the Excel file, and what
functions are necessary for each variable?

Looking forward to your insights.

Best regards,
Yuan

Ticket ID: WGL-271476
Department: Support IDV
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.