[IDV #PUW-557656]: IDV not responding upon start up

> Hello,
>
> I hope to use IDV to view climate model output data in the form of netCDF
> files. I have downloaded IDV, but when I try to open it from my applications
> folder it does not respond. I then have to force quit the application. I am
> using a Mac running MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1. Any advice you can provide would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Cameron
> ______________________________________
> Cameron de Wet (he/him/his)
> Postdoctoral Scholar | Institute of the Environment
> UC Davis

Hi Cameron,

It is likely that you have another application like "Grammarly Desktop"
running, if so, quit this application and
the IDV should be running normally. Let me know if this doesn't help.

Yuan

Ticket ID: PUW-557656
Department: Support IDV
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.