[IDV #RGT-916698]: Fw: ATMO HWRS PHYS 474B 574B SP23 001 - Old version of IDV and METAR plotting

> To Unidata support:
>
> I am an instructor at the University of Arizona using IDV software as
> part of my Weather Analysis and Forecasting class.
>
> In executing an assignment, one of my students discovered that the newest
> version of IDV software is unable to plot surface METAR data from archived
> GEMPAK files obtained the Iowa State Mesonet site.  Specifically here,
>
> https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/archive/
>
> The plotting of archived surface METAR data does work with the previous
> version of IDV that I used for this course, specifically version 5.7.
> So I have provided the executable of this previous version 5.7 to my
> students, at least the windows version that I have.
>
> However, one of my students is a Mac user, and I am not able to access
> IDV version 5.7 for a Mac to provide that executable to her.
>
> Would Unidata be able to provide us the executable for IDV, Version 5.7
> for a Mac so that this student would be able to use it?  Or otherwise
> direct us to where the old IDV executables may be publically accessed?
>
> Or if there is a fix for viewing the METAR data from the Iowa State
> GEMPAK files in the latest versions of IDV, please let us know!
>
> Hopefully you all can fix it, if it is a bug in the software.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --Chris

> Christopher L. Castro, Ph.D.
> Professor and Interim Head
> Department of Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences
> University of Arizona
> Harshbarger Building, Room 324J2
> 1133 E. James E. Rogers Way
> Tucson, AZ  85721-0081  USA
> Office: +1 520 626-5617
> Mobile, WhatsApp: +1 520 730-1886
> Fax: +1 520 621-6833
> E-mail: address@hidden
>
> Web page:
> www.atmo.arizona.edu/personalpages/castro/castro.htm<http://www.atmo.arizona.edu/personalpages/castro/castro.htm>

Hi Chris,

I am working with my system adm to restore the download link of the 5.7
release. I didn't
notice the issue of latest release regarding the GEMPAK METAR files and this
need to
be fixed. The 5.7 release is running on the older version of the Java and we
hope everyone
to move to the latest release asap.
I will let you know when the link is restored.

Regard,
Yuan

Ticket ID: RGT-916698
Department: Support IDV