[IDV #EOS-116563]: Data probe location(lat.lon) is truncated

Valentijn,

As far as I can tell, it is behaving exactly as expected. Ultimately, under the
hood, it is simply re-using the Java syntax.

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/i18n/format/decimalFormat.html

Also the little '?' icon in the preferences dialog explains this.

I used your format to generate the attached image. See latitude value and
compare to longitude and altitude. This is what I expect given the #0.###
format.

What is the format you would really like? If possible, provide an example.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Valentijn Venus
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 10
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_71 version:
> 1.8.0_71 j3d:1.6.0-pre10-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem: format preferences not followed, say #0.### is
> truncated to only one decimal position in Data probe location(lat.lon)

Ticket ID: EOS-116563