[IDV #ISU-591118]: Cyclone trajectoris in IDV

Allan,

And for what it is worth, the IDV will display Automated Tropical Cyclone
Forecasting System (ATCF) data as well as data from the Shanghai Typhoon
Institute. The IDV can display the track observations as well as ensemble
forecast members. To load in ATCF data select the DataâSpecialâATCF Tropical
Storm Data menu. Then, create the Storm Track display.

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/controls/stormtrack/StormTrackControl.html

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> > Full Name: Allan Diegan
> > Email Address: address@hidden
> > Package Version: 5.0u2 build date:2014-11-12 20:09 UTC
> > Operating System: Windows 7
> > Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.0u2\jre version: 1.7.0_51
> > j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> > Description of problem: Greetings,
> >
> > Is it possible to use IDV to automatically produce cyclone trajectories
> > (tracks) using a 1000hPa height field?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> Allan,
> We don't have a easy way to do it in the IDV. Basically, you need to find out
> the location of minimum pressure in the 1000hPa filed and then save these
> points over times to some kind of text point data file and load back to the
> IDV to do the track display.
>
> Yuan

Ticket ID: ISU-591118