[IDV #JKB-602185]: GEMPAK

Tim,

First, please update your version of the IDV.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

Second, there was a problem installing the GEMPAK color table plugin into
C:\Users\qlittle2011\.unidata\. We are not sure why this is the case.

Ensure you have write permissions in C:\Users\qlittle2011\.unidata\

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Tim
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.0\jre version: 1.7.0_65
> j3d:1.5.1 fcs (build6)
> Description of problem: Installing plugin:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/plugins/gempak.jar
> Could not move
> file:C:\Users\qlittle2011\.unidata\idv\DefaultIdv\plugins\.tmp.http%3A%2F%2Fwww.unidata.ucar.edu%2Fsoftware%2Fidv%2Fplugins%2Fgempak.jar
>
> to:C:\Users\qlittle2011\.unidata\idv\DefaultIdv\plugins\http%3A%2F%2Fwww.unidata.ucar.edu%2Fsoftware%2Fidv%2Fplugins%2Fgempak.jar
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not move
> file:C:\Users\qlittle2011\.unidata\idv\DefaultIdv\plugins\.tmp.http%3A%2F%2Fwww.unidata.ucar.edu%2Fsoftware%2Fidv%2Fplugins%2Fgempak.jar
>
> to:C:\Users\qlittle2011\.unidata\idv\DefaultIdv\plugins\http%3A%2F%2Fwww.unidata.ucar.edu%2Fsoftware%2Fidv%2Fplugins%2Fgempak.jar
> at ucar.unidata.util.IOUtil.moveFile(IOUtil.java:1021)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.PluginManager.installPlugin(PluginManager.java:2213)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.PluginManager.installPluginInThread(PluginManager.java:2168)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.PluginManager$4.run(PluginManager.java:2155)

Ticket ID: JKB-602185