[IDV #ZKB-937399]: z to pressure in wrf

> Hi,
>
> My name is Shannon Davis and I am a researcher at Woods Hole
> Oceanographic, and an atmospheric scientist who uses IDV. First, big fan of
> the software, and want to pass on my appreciation for a great job. Second, I
> have a technical problem I wondered if anybody could help with. The issue is
> with some WRF output files (ncdf). Thus far I have been able to process
> them, slice and dice the data as I wished but all in z coordinates. I would
> like to transform to pressure coordinates. Specifically, I would like to
> extract some vertical cross sections and save them as smaller netcdf. I have
> done this already with z vertical coordinates which seem to load by default
> in IDV. Any way to do it using pressure as the vertical coordinate? Thanks
> for any help!
>

> Shannon

Hi Shannon,
       Thanks for your comment on the IDV, it would be nice if you can provide
your
successful story of using the IDV in your research and share with the community.

       For the vertical coordinates, you might try using the Transect display
which
has the vertical scale in both height and pressure.  See the section of the
workshop
on this at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/page_transectviews.html

Yuan