[IDV #VYR-441272]: related to ColorScale

Dear Ghansham,

Please download the IDV nightly release tomorrow and give it a try with the
colorscale improvements:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

Also, since you have good familiarity with the code, you may wish to
investigate git/github and how to do "pull requests" so you can make direct
contributions to our code base. We could start with the tick marks project you
describe below, if you choose.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> R/Sir
>
> Attached herewith code snippet you are asking for.
>
> You need to put it somewhere around after line no. 1032 (where the 'for'
> loop that creates the labels for color scale ends).
>
> In this code snippet I have just put "K" as the unit string. Actually
> the unit string should come from ColorScaleInfo.
> I tested it and it seems to be working.
> Another one was related to tickmarks. That is pretty much doable. I have
> not implemented it yet.
> Currently caught up with some other high priority tasks. Hope it atleast
> gives you what needs to be done.
>
> One more idea was related to ticks, that we should use breakpoints
> (wherever available) for creating tick marks.
>

> Ghansham
>
> On 06/18/2013 02:57 AM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Gansham,
> >
> > Can you share the code with us you describe below.
> >
> > Best Wishes,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> >> R/Sir
> >>
> >> I think that the labels of the colorScale (for Bottom Position) should
> >> be above
> >> color bar and not below that. The reason is labels are not very much
> >> visible for vertical cross-section displays.
> >>
> >> Anyways another important thing I wanted to share, I have written some
> >> code which helps to add the parameter unit
> >> along with the color wedge. The only thing that stops me is getting the
> >> color unit is where I get it in ColorScale class.
> >> I think we need to add another another class variable in ColorScaleInfo
> >> class and accordingly modify its constructor.
> >> I hope that will get the things in place.
> >>
> >> regards
> >> Ghansham
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: VYR-441272