[McIDAS #XRM-303737]: IDV at Nebraska

Hi Clint,

re:
> Same error trying other servers (adde.ssec.wisc.edu, twister.millersville.edu,
> weather3.admin.niu.edu), using either RTIMAGES or NEXRCOMP.

Wow!

I'm in, and I verified that the same error is returned for multiple ADDE
servers and multiple ADDE datasets.  I also verified that there is no
blocking of outgoing requests to port 112 (the port McIDAS ADDE uses);
I did this using telnet:

address@hidden ~]$ telnet adde.ucar.edu 112
Trying 128.117.114.120...
Connected to adde.ucar.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.

The return received is that which is expected showing that ADDE on
adde.ucar.edu can be reached (indicating no blocking going on).

re:
> if you need root or anything, let me know.

I see that IDV v3.0u2 was installed as 'root'.  If we need to install
the current version (for comparison or replacement), I will need 'root'
privilege.

Ticket ID: XRM-303737