[IDV #JSW-346292]: IDV windows flash and disappear, when piped from a remote Linux machine

Dear Brian,

My limited understanding of this situation is that you have "Picked up
_JAVA_OPTIONS" that are interfering with normal IDV start up. We advise you
remove or comment out this environment variable from wherever it is originating
(.cshrc?).

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> When I run IDV on a big Linux machine (after loading java and IDV "modules"),
> the memory counter behind the clock only shows 477MB.
>
> When I changed it to 10000 in the preferences and restarted IDV,
> the counter still comes up at 477 MB. (several tries).
> Even though the Preferences pane shows this:
> [cid:address@hidden
>

> I think this might be from "Picked up" option -Xmx512m as shown below.
> How can I override it?
>
> ----snip
> vis1{mapes} 372:  /nethome/mapes 5:29:04pm: runIDV
> /share/apps/IDV/IDV_3.1u1/runIDV: line 60: Picked: command not found
> Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xms16m -Xmx512m

Ticket ID: JSW-346292