[IDV #RQS-739134]: IDV under isl control freezing - more

> Hi Stu,
>

> > There is an error message from the IDV when this occurs:
> >
> > Fri Aug 27 14:31:26 PDT 2010: Loading bundle:
> > /products/tomoserver/idv_config_files/working.xidv
> > Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":9.0".
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > at java.util.Hashtable.get(Unknown Source)
> > at
> > javax.media.j3d.NativeConfigTemplate3D.getBestConfiguration(NativeConfigTemplate3D.java:139)
> > at javax.media.j3d.Renderer.doWork(Renderer.java:413)
> > at javax.media.j3d.J3dThread.run(J3dThread.java:250)
> >

> > (The NLX error line occurs all the time, even when it works ok)
> >
> > Is there a way to do a traceback when this occurs, i.e. not in a
> > debuggeer but running under web page- apacheprocess -isl control?
> > I guess the IDV has paused, waiting for something; what is it?
> >

> You can send a signal to the process,e.g.:
> kill -3 <process id>
> You probably need to be superuser, e.g.:
> sudo kill -3  <process id>
> This will dump the stack trace out to the stderr of the process, whereever
> that might be (somewhere under apache)
>
> -Jeff

Stu,
     We have a user inside NCAR reporting the similar problem, and they
concluded that  Xvfb is broken, at least
the version which is provided with CentOS 5.5 and a 64-bit environment. They
switched to Xvnc to provide the necessary X server.

Yuan

Ticket ID: RQS-739134