[IDV #NVH-196739]: need the current adres for soundins

Hi, Steve

Are you still seeing this error? I just tried to get upper air data from
stratus.al.noaa.gov with no problems.

I am wondering if the host was simply temporarily down / unreachable.

Thanks.

-Julien

PS, I think there may be a typo in the "yaoo" email address. I CCed you at
address@hidden

> Full Name: steve
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows Vista
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Updating sounding data
> Error opening connection: java.net.UnknownHostException: stratus.al.noaa.gov
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeException: Error opening connection:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: stratus.al.noaa.gov
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.<init>(AddePointDataReader.java:165)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.loadStationsInner(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:438)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.loadStations(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:388)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.init(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:306)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.<init>(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:260)
> at
> ucar.unidata.view.sounding.SoundingSelector$8.run(SoundingSelector.java:665)

Ticket ID: NVH-196739