[IDV #TMZ-740020]: Changing the Display List display from Jython

> When creating a display from scratch in a Jython script, I call
> "setDisplayListTemplate(mystring)" from Jython (on the appropriate
> ImagePlanViewControl), but mystring does not show up on the display --
> do I have to somehow "apply" this change?
>
> The only way I can see around this is to call
> "setShowInDisplayList(0)" and then write my own legend when I do the
> "writeImage()"....
>
> Help appreciated...
>
> tom

Hi Tom,
    The api "setDisplayListTemplate(mystring)" only set the value, and doesn't
do anything else, you need to call applyPreferences() , this is a public api
and it will call updateLegendAndList(), and this is the one doing the job of
having "mystring" show up in the display.

Yuan

> --
> Tom Whittaker
> University of Wisconsin-Madison
> Space Science & Engineering Center (SSEC)
> Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS)
> 1225 W. Dayton Street
> Madison, WIÂ 53706Â USA
> ph: +1 608 262 2759

Ticket ID: TMZ-740020