[IDV #KRH-459185]: Multi-Pane Data Synch Question

Hi Erin-

> That is what I want.

It's in the nightly build, however, the nightly build is very unstable,
especially with OPeNDAP requests.  I don't have a good estimate of when it will
be stable - it relies on the netCDF-Java to be fixed and John is out of town
for a few weeks.

Don

> From:
> "Unidata IDV Support" <address@hidden>
> To:
> address@hidden
> Cc:
> address@hidden
> Date:
> 07/01/2010 05:50 PM
> Subject:
> [IDV #KRH-459185]: Multi-Pane Data Synch Question
>

> Hi Erin-
>
> > The attached IDV file depicts the comparison of two models during an
> > period of overlap. However, when the right-pane goes back to the first
> > time frame, the model in the right goes to the last time frame.
> Therefore,
> > one step is from 6/30 and the other 7/08. Is this a bug of some kind or
> > something in the script? I've attached a .xidv file and screen  capture
> > for your review.
>
> This is the default behavior of the underlying VisAD subsystem.  If there
> is no matching time in the other display, the index is set to the last in
> the series.  I've noticed this with webcam images also.  I'll look into
> catching this situation and if the new time is greater than the set of
> times, I'll set it to the last frame, if it's less than the set of times,
> I'll set it to the first in the sequence.  Does that sound like what you
> want?
>
> Don Murray
>
> Ticket Details
> Ticket ID: KRH-459185