[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[RAMADDA #UAR-718599]: Problem with harvester moving files



Hi Rich,

> We had the harvester set to leave our pile of files where they were,
> but then decided it would be good to have the files moved under
> control of RAMADDA so that when folks uploaded new files, they would
> all be in the same place.  So I removed the entries from RAMADDA,
> edited my Harvester so the box was checked, and also checked the box
> to compute metadata.  When I reran the harvester, it moved and
> cataloged most of the files, but not all.   It stopped with the Error
> messages below.
> 
> So now I've got some files under RAMADDA and some not.    What should
> I do now?
> Do you think the problem was in moving the files or in computing the metadata?
> 


That error was from the metadata. I cannot tell exactly it was but the string 
length of the harvested metadata exceeded the database field length.

I will make a change to handle this error better so it doesn't blow the whole 
harvest out of the water. So, you can either wait for this change (later today) 
or run your harvester again over the remaining files without harvesting the 
metadata.

-Jeff


Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: UAR-718599
Department: Support RAMADDA
Priority: Normal
Status: Open


NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the web. If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.