[IDV #BAS-689650]: reading wrf data

Hi Shannon-

Sorry for the delay in responding.

> Full Name: Shannon Davis
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: u2
> Operating System: winxp
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: I have a number of wrf model v3 output files(ncdf).
> IDV does a great job with most of the 2d output but I cannot select very many
> variables from the 3d arays, ie. it does not seem to make the T, P, and few
> of the other basic paramters available. Is there some technique or is this a
> bug?

The IDV should show whatever  variables are in the file.  Could you upload a
sample file to:

and I'll take a look.

Please note that we recommend you run a post processing package on the WRF
netCDF files.  See the FAQ item at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Faq.html#wrf

Don Murray

Ticket ID: BAS-689650