[IDV #RAI-544646]: help: Handling CMA file (.ta extension) from a server

> Two issues on this:
>
> [IDV side]
> RaobDataSource.doMakeRaobDataSet() creates NetcdfSoundingAdapter only.
> It should create CMASoundingAdapter based on file pattern.

Howard,
          It did create CMASoundingAdapter when NetcdfSoundingAdapter failed.
You can simply open a CMA sounding format file in
the file chooser, and remember to select RAOB sounding as source type if the
file name does not end with ".ta".

Yuan

> [AtecChooser side]
> The GUI does not fit for RAOB data: no 0place for the station list &
> timestamps. The map is not for stations.

Please reference the SoundingFileBrowser code for doing the station map.

> [...]
> Any advices?
>
> Thank you,
> Hwoard
>

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> >> The RAOB from ATEC Web Server does not work.
> >> The Netcdf sounding adapter was applied instead of the CMA adapter.
> >> How about adding the new data source "RAOB.CMA" or "RAOB_CMA"?
> >
> > Howard,
> >        Jeff just added a RAOB Sounding data source in the latest nightly
> > release. You can update the IDV and try. The CMA
> > format is ascii format, the netCDF adapter doesn't work.
> >

> > Yuan
> >> Howard
> >>
> >> java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> at ucar.netcdf.HTTPRandomAccessFile.read_(HTTPRandomAccessFile.java:97)
> >> at ucar.netcdf.RandomAccessFile.seek(RandomAccessFile.java:350)
> >> at ucar.netcdf.RandomAccessFile.read(RandomAccessFile.java:437)
> >> at ucar.netcdf.RandomAccessFile.readInt(RandomAccessFile.java:900)
> >> at ucar.netcdf.NetcdfFile.readV1(NetcdfFile.java:1702)
> >> at ucar.netcdf.NetcdfFile.<init>(NetcdfFile.java:188)
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.NetcdfSoundingAdapter.init(NetcdfSoundingAdapter.java:278)
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.NetcdfSoundingAdapter.<init>(NetcdfSoundingAdapter.java:235)
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.RaobDataSource.doMakeRaobDataSet(RaobDataSource.java:140)
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.RaobDataSource.<init>(RaobDataSource.java:127)
> >> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
> >> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
> >> at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> >> Source)
> >> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
> >> at ucar.unidata.data.DataManager.createDataSource(DataManager.java:1516)
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.createDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1974)
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1891)
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1825)
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1798)
> >> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.IdvChooser.makeDataSource(IdvChooser.java:911)
> >> at
> >> edu.ucar.rap.idv.chooser.AtecChooser.doLoadInThread(AtecChooser.java:285)
> >> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> >> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> >> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> >> at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$2.run(Misc.java:1033)
> >> at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$3.run(Misc.java:1061)

Ticket ID: RAI-544646
Department: Support IDV