[IDV #IAA-701481]: barnes on mutiple data sources

Hi Tyn-

> Full Name: Valentijn Venus
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.6a2 build date:2008-07-14 07:06 UTC
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0 version: 1.7.0-ea
> j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Description of problem: Hi Jeff-
>
> can u help me preparing a barnes jython function that can use both the METAR
> and the
> SYNOPTIC ADDE point data server simultanous?
>
> Is this the rigth funtion to use?
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/javadoc/ucar/unidata/data/point/PointObFactory.html#mergeData(java.util.List)

Theoretically, yes.  However, the two datasets have different parameters and
the mergeData function assumes each field to have the same parameters.  At this
point, there's no easy way to extract out one parameter from the time sequences.

Looking at the current code, it's not an easy fix to be able to do it at
the barnes level.  I've got to do some work on this over the next few months.
I'll look into allowing one to merge datasets.

Don

> def myBarnes(fieldSourceOne,fieldSourceTwo,param):
> from ucar.unidata.data.point.PointObFactory import *
> from visad import RealType
> a = fieldSourceOne
> b = fieldSourceTwo
> if (GridUtil.isTimeSequence(fieldSourceOne) == 0):
> a = makeTimeSequenceOfPointObs(fieldSourceOne)
> if (GridUtil.isTimeSequence(fieldSourceTwo) == 0):
> b = makeTimeSequenceOfPointObs(fieldSourceTwo)
> field = mergeData(a,b)
> t = RealType.getRealType(param)
> return barnes(field,t,0.1,0.1,2)

Ticket ID: IAA-701481