[IDV #VIC-218663]: startup on new notebook

Hi HP-

> Full Name: HansPeter Roesli
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.5b1 build date:2008-04-03 07:05 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/user/IDV_2.5b1/jre version: 1.5.0_11 j3d:1.3.1
> Description of problem: Hi
>
> I forgot to tell you that when installing IDV I get a similar error message
> to the one
> reported in my former support request. In any case, up to now I have not
> discovered
> any misbehviour of IDV on the new noebook.

I googled around for this and it looks like some issue with
the xcb lib on SUSE.  It seems like later versions of this library
are causing problems for the JVM.

It seems like a harmless issue, and is supposed to be fixed in the
latest version of Java 1.6.  We will be moving to 1.6 in one of the
future releases, but for now we have to stick with 1.5 for the
installers.

Don

> HP
>
> libxcb: WARNING! Program tries to unlock a connection without having acquired
> a lock first, which indicates a programming error.
> There will be no further warnings about this issue.
> libxcb: WARNING! Program tries to lock an already locked connection,
> which indicates a programming error.
> There will be no further warnings about this issue.
> *sys-package-mgr*: processing modified jar, '/home/user/IDV_2.5b1/idv.jar'

Ticket ID: VIC-218663
Department: Support IDV