[IDV #VGL-535642]: cannot open subirs/files when doing File Open

Hi HP-

> Full Name: HansPeter Roesli
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.5b1 build date:2008-03-31 07:05 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/user/IDV_2.5b1/jre version: 1.5.0_11 j3d:1.3.1
> Description of problem: Hi
>
> I am building a new SuSE 10.3 PC and have stumbled over a rather strange
> problem.
> When in the File Open dialogue I doble-click a subdir or file the name
> changes into
> renaming mode instead of bringing down to the sub dir or the file. Ohter
> applications
> like Firefox do not have this problem. I note that McV (I started to have a
> look into it)
> has the same behavior as IDV. It must be some setup problem, but I have not
> been able to find the hook.

It's a Java thing and seems to be more noticeable on some systems
than others.  For example, I don't run into this problem on
Windows as Jeff does on Linux.  The only solution is to
make sure you double click on the icon and not the name.  Otherwise,
Jeff's solution is to click once on the folder and click
return.

Don

Ticket ID: VGL-535642
Department: Support IDV