[IDV #BAO-153996]: Gempak Data issues

> Hope you still have this issue # in your system.

Yes, and we I got the data file.

> I talked to Mark L. today and the issue that he though was fixed was not the
> same issue I was having.
>
> I am still having issues getting Gempak data to contour over 3D topography.
> In the data choosers I select 2D, pressure reduction to MSLP. On the right
> panel I select 3D, contour plane view over topography. After I select the
> formula I get the error that is in my original report.

The problem that you have is that the height field that is shown in the popup
field selector is the Geopotential height at pressure, a 3D field. Why that is
the only one shown I'm not sure.

But, I have a work around. When the field selector dialog pops up don't choose
the shown geopotential height field. Rather, under the "Formulas->
Miscellaneous" tab choose "Any Field".

Then, the field selector will popup again to choose the value of "Any Field".
Now, choose the  "Geopotential height at surface" under the 2D fields. This is
the field that should normally be shown in the first field selector.
-Jeff

Ticket ID: BAO-153996
Department: Support IDV