[IDV #FLG-986886]: CursorReadoutWindow in NavigatedViewManager

> Some of the McV people here think that the CursorReadoutWindow that
> pops up with a middle click is a bit redundant, given the same
> information (albeit with less precision) is available in the status bar.
>
> In an effort to push out our alpha 8 of McV I simply commented out the
> following lines in NavigatedViewManager:
> MouseEvent mouseEvent = (MouseEvent) inputEvent;
> if (!(mouseEvent.isControlDown() || !
> SwingUtilities.isMiddleMouseButton(mouseEvent))) {
> if (cursorReadoutWindow == null) {
> cursorReadoutWindow = new CursorReadoutWindow(this);
> }
> cursorReadoutWindow.handleMousePressedOrDragged(mouseEvent);
> }
>
> (should be lines 576-582...)
>
> I was loathe to make another instance of "local" IDV code in McV... is
> there any way I could get a pref or property check added to that if
> statement?

We could do a property if needed. But - the McV people who objected to that
facility probably didn't realize that if you have displays with data in the
view we also will sample the data when we do the middle mouse and show the
sample values in that same little popup window.  So it only seems redundant -
its actually a very nice feature.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: FLG-986886
Department: Support IDV