[IDV #YVT-139096]: Text Point Data and Radar Images

Hi Greg-

> I have set up a Text Point data file with time, alt, lat, lon. This is loaded
> into IDV. I select individual times and animate it. It shows the track of the
> aircraft on the map. I would also like to synchronize the loop of  weather
> radar images with the track times so the airplane is flying through the PPI
> images with the images changing at the appropriate time. Is there any way to
> do this?

That doesn't just work? ;-)

I guess I'm not understanding what you want.  If you load in
the text point data as a plot, you should get a timestep for each
data point.  If you then add in the radar images, their times will
be added to the animation time steps.  You can remove those by
unchecking the View->Use Times in Animation checkbox in the radar
display control's menu.  If you turn on animation, you should
show the plane position moving and the image at the closest
time should also be shown.  Is that not what you want?

> Thanks for the assistance ...

Don

Ticket ID: YVT-139096
Department: Support IDV