[IDV #RIV-962460]: IDV 2.4b3 nightly 12/17: Menus hidden behind display

Hi Dave-

> I've installed the 12/17 nightly build of IDV 2.4b3 on my Intel iMac
> running Leopard.
>
> I'm plotting the 300 mb pressure surface (via Displays > 3-D Surface >
> Color-Filled Contour Plan View Over Topography) with contours on it,
> using GFS GRIB2 data. Selecting the same pressure level for the
> geopotential height and the topography now produces a plot on that
> surface--thanks for fixing that!

Glad it works.

> However, now (and this was true in an earlier nightly release of
> 2.4b3, I think) when I pull down any of the View, Projection, File,
> Edit, etc. menus, the portions of them that overlap with the display
> area are all hidden behind the display. I've attached a screen shot
> (below), though I'm sure you've seen this sort of thing before--for
> example, the portions of the tool tips for the icons along the left
> edge of the View window that overlap with the display area are hidden.
> I think you attributed this to an issue with Java for Macs, which
> suggests we're in trouble if the same is true for these menus.

Others running Leopard have reported a similar problem.  The
only workaround we have is to set the Look & Feel to be Aqua
in the User Preferences.

> I've also attached an IDV bundle for the 300 mb isosurface mentioned
> above. The color table edits that I had in the original plot (setting
> the max and min values on the color table to 10,000 m and 8,000 m,
> respectively) don't seem to have been preserved in the bundle--they've
> reverted to the default values of 16,000 m and 0 m, respectively. (The
> screen snapshot below showing the menu problem shows a bit of the
> original color table.)

How did you set the range in the color table?  Did you do it through
the editor, or through the Change Range menu?

I'm unable to reproduce this here.  If I load in your bundle,
change the range on the color filled  contours to be 8000 to 10000,
save it as a new name and load it in, it comes out with the correct
range.  Can you try doing that and see if you still get the
default range?

Don Murray

Ticket ID: RIV-962460
Department: Support IDV