[IDV #RIP-346850]: IDV - Can't read level 2 radar data

Hi Leigh-

> Thanks. That did the trick. I had bee just using the generic file
> browser.

Glad to hear it.  Since we really only support the CDM method of
reading the data now, I'm removing the item that allowed you to select the
old method.  If you use the File Chooser and set the Data Source type
to NEXRAD Radar Files instead of Level II Radar Files (or pick that
when the dialog pops up), it will work.  The latter is a leftover from
the old way of  reading the files.

> By the way, are you guys aware of this software:
>
> http://www.grlevelx.com/
>
> It can do wicked things with level2 radar data (especially GR2Analyst).
> It's windows only, proprietary, but very cool (and very fast). You can
> download a full trial version. Fire it up, drag level2 radar data files
> over to the main screen, and it will render them.  Just FYI. This
> product will compete with IDV with some folks I am sure (we just bought
> a license in fact).

Yes, I downloaded it a while back.  It's nice if you want to
view Level 2 data.  The IDV has the advantage of dealing with
a variety of data on multiple platforms, free of charge, but I'm
sure some people will use this to view the Level II data.

Don

Ticket ID: RIP-346850
Department: Support IDV